Getting back to work....safelyMember News
In line with Government restrictions, as many of you, we paused our production, despite Government guidelines manufacturing could be a work place that was allowed to remain operable. We felt it was responsbile to not do this until we were sure we could protect our workforce, manufacture and deliver products safely.
In the last 3 weeks, at Connection, we have been working hard to get the necessary systems in place. We have now adopted procedures and our manufacturing will resume on 4th May. We have attached the message from our Managing Director, Kelvin Bromley which outlines this.
We have adpated our workplace with the following measures and all employees have been issued with a full guidance policy:
- All employees whom are office based, remain working from home
- CV-19 Health Policy
- Travel to site alone, avoidance of public transport, promoting cycling to work
- No access to site for non-essential visitors
- Handwashing and an increased cleaning programme
- Policy for multi-use areas and equipment
- Removal of all muti-touch items
- Social distancing in all areas with necessary marking
- Mandatory use of PPE
- Increased signage throughout
Being a manufacturer of office furniture, we are working with experts to evalaute the workplace when there is some return for office workers and will share this with you in the near future.
We would like to wish you all good health, stay safe. We are in this together.